10 Top Reasons to Choose Dental Implants
As a dentist in Southend we’ve seen a huge rise in the popularity of dental implants. Whether this is because there’s more knowledge available online or because the price is more affordable for many people, we’re not sure. What we do know, however, is that they are the very best method of replacing missing teeth and restoring the health and functionality of your smile. In case you’re considering cheaper alternatives such as dentures we thought we’d put together 10 tops reasons why choosing dental implants in Southend is the better option.
- Just like the real thing. Dental implants are the only method of tooth replacement that replaces the entire tooth structure, including the root, so they really are the closest
thing to natural teeth and look, feel, and function in the same way.
- Retains facial structures – When you lose teeth your facial structures start to shrink and sag giving a hollow look that is very ageing. Dental implants replicate natural teeth
by supporting the mouth and lips, giving your face a more rounded youthful appearance.
- Great cosmetic results– Your dentist in Southend will place your dental implants carefully for optimal results so they look natural and attractive. They’ll also be colour matched and shaped for a seamless finish.
- Preserves the health of adjacent teeth – Dental implants are a stand alone treatment which don’t require for healthy adjacent teeth to be modified, as in the case of a dental bridge.
- Easy to care for – Like natural teeth, dental implants simply require brushing twice a day and flossing in order to care for them. It’s also important to visit your dentist twice a year for check-ups.
- Great stability – Because dental implants in Southend are embedded into the jaw and act like a tooth root, they’re incredibly strong and stable and won’t slip and slide like dentures.
- Better nutrition – Eating and chewing hard or crunchy foods is tricky with dentures and often wearers resort to soft, bland foods. Due to the stability of dental implants patients find they can eat what they want, including crunchy fruit and vegetables, lean meat, nuts and seeds. Not only does this give them more food choices but they can chew and digest their food more thoroughly, improving nutrition and general health.
- Food tastes better – Teeth which are stable make it easier to eat and if you replace an upper denture with implants you’ll also notice that food tastes better since the
roof of your mouth, which contains thousands of tastes buds, is no longer covered.
- Improved confidence – Having teeth which feel and look great improves confidence and patients will find they’re smiling practically all of the time.
- Long lasting – Dental implants may not be the cheapest tooth replacement option but they should last the longest. With the potential to last on average 25 years (or even more) they are certainly the most cost effective
If you’re considering dental implants in Southend then why not book a consultation with Southend Dental Care. We’ve been successfully placing dental implants for many years and our patients tell us that getting implants was the best decision they ever made. Call us today on 01702 465000 to make an appointment or contact us online at www.southenddentalcare.co.uk.