Reasons To Choose Dental Implants Over A Bridge
Dental implants have been in existence for several decades but it’s only in more recent years that they’ve become a predictable way to replicate the form and function of a natural tooth. Although dental implants in Basildon are by far the most expensive form of tooth replacement and require minor surgery, they are in most situations the best way to replace a missing tooth or teeth. We probably wouldn’t have said this say 25 years ago, but now after several years of success and follow-up with thousands of implant patients, we can confidently say that implants are preferable over a dental bridge or partial denture. However, not everyone is suited to dental implants because of health conditions, financial constraints, insufficient bone etc. Assuming you are a suitable candidate then here are some top reasons to choose dental implants over a bridge to restore your smile and get your teeth back.
- Dental implants feel far more like natural teeth than bridges or partial dentures since the titanium implant replicates the tooth root restoring form, function, and durability.
- Implants are far easier to keep clean since floss can get around the implant/crown without requiring any special cleaning equipment as with bridges or partial dentures.
- Implants are a stand alone treatment which unlike bridges don’t require healthy teeth to be ground down by your dentist in Basildon in order that a crown can be fitted to attach the bridge to.
- When a tooth is removed the jawbone in that area begins to shrink which can impact on surrounding teeth. A dental implant stops this from happening and actually regenerates bone growth, thus preserving the facial structures.
- On average implants last longer than bridges and don’t have to be replaced as often as cemented bridges. If cared for properly, they may never have to be replaced.
- Implants are not susceptible to decay whereas the teeth that are used to attach a bridge can become decayed beneath the bridgework and put the whole appliance in jeopardy by destroying the tooth structure.
If you’re missing one or more teeth then why not ask our dentists at Felmores if you’re a suitable candidate for dental implants in Basildon. We offer a free consultation where you can get all your questions and concerns addressed. Call us today on 01268 726789 or book online at www.felmoresdentalcare.co.uk.