Want To Improve Your Smile Fast?
Cosmetic dentistry in Basildon offers patients a variety of options when it comes to enhancing the appearance of their smile. Some treatments may brighten the colour of the teeth; others can improve the structure and appearance of individual teeth; and others address issues that are both relevant to the appearance of your teeth and improved dental health. When you book an initial consultation with Felmores Dental Care we’ll be able to assess what is the best treatment for you and your teeth.
One of our most popular treatments is porcelain veneers. These are made from wafer thin slices of porcelain which are bonded to the front surface of the tooth to cover any imperfections beneath. Since the porcelain can be colour matched to a patient’s existing teeth they blend in for a seamless and natural appearance.
Porcelain veneers offer numerous benefits including:
- Versatility – Porcelain veneers can be used to tackle a variety of dental problems. For example if you have teeth which are discoloured, stained, chipped or cracked, these can all be hidden with porcelain veneers. In addition porcelain veneers can correct gapped teeth and those which are slightly uneven or misaligned.
- Invisible – Another benefit of porcelain veneers is that they are virtually invisible to the untrained eye. Because porcelain has a natural translucency to it, it looks very similar to your own teeth and this makes for a natural appearance in daylight and artificial light. There’s no need to worry that your smile will look false.
- Easy to maintain – Finally, porcelain veneers are easy to take care of. There’s no set of instructions to follow or strict routine, instead you just brush and floss as you would your other teeth and attend regular six month check-ups, and your veneers will continue to look great.
- Don’t stain – Veneers are stain resistant and don’t discolour over time, thus they are a permanent option to tooth whitening.
It wouldn’t be right to give you all the benefits of porcelain veneers without disclosing the downsides of this treatment. Fortunately there aren’t too many.
- Natural teeth have to be altered to fit the veneers and this can’t be reversed
- Porcelain veneers are relatively expensive but with most clinics offering flexible payment methods, they are affordable for most patients
If you’re wondering whether porcelain veneers are an option for you, then there’s only one way to find out. Come and talk with Felmores Dental Care. We’re a local dentist in Basildon, providing general and cosmetic dentistry. Why not book a consultation online at www.felmoresdentalcare.co.uk or phone us direct on 01268 726789.